Good Day and welcome to the sneak peek of my latest book "The Pictorial Catalogue: 63 Nayanmars ".Will be available shortly at Kindle. The narratives of ancient saints drawn with modern gizmo. Indian price will be 200 inr for the kindle version.
I have been a serious practitioner of traditional media like watercolor/ ink etc. on paper for the past 40 years or so. Digital media is my newfound interest. I have about 10 students whom I taught basic drawing skills transformed into a seasoned professionals in digital art and some internationally acclaimed. Thanks to their wonderful inputs, I could now adopt my new tablet into drawing device like ducks to the water.
I am not very sure about the success or commercial viability of this project of depicting Nayanmars in a post-modern style. Some people might even condemn me for the "sacrilegious" way of portraying.
Mr Swanand Telang, an young art collector cum scholar from Maharashtra, has kindly agreed to write an introduction for the book highlighting the ancient Nayanmar cult. Due to the prohibitive cost of printing, only limited hard copies will be made available. I shall be happy if you go through the assorted samples of pictures and comment your views. Thanks in advance.
Srinivas Krothapally( Rajahmundry)
![]() |
| Kannappa Nayanar |
![]() |
| Pusalar Nayanar |
![]() |
| Iyarpagai Nayanar |
![]() |
| Adipaththar Nayanar |
![]() |
| Karaikkal Ammeiyar |
![]() |
| Cheraman Perumal Nayanar |
![]() |
| Sundaramurthy Nayanar |
Sambandar
![]() |
| Sakkiya Nayanar |
![]() |
| Appar (Tirunavukkarasar) |
![]() | ||
| Satti Nayanar |
![]() |
| Muruga Nayanar |
![]() |
| Rudra Pasupathi Nayanar |
![]() |
| Viralminda Nayanar |
![]() |
| Nami Nandi Adigal |
![]() |
| Thiruneelakanta Nayanar |
















No comments:
Post a Comment